[josm-dev] Quality of Data: Relation Analyzer

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 18 13:00:56 BST 2008

Hi,

> Last weekend I released a web application that analyzes relations
> for gaps.

Am I right in assuming that it is purely a *route* relation analyzer?

> Now, I'm asking myself if it would make sense to integrate such a
> tool into
> JOSM and how to do this.

I think the validator plugin would be a natural place for such
functionality. But its use will be limited because you will not
normally have all members of a relation loaded (think relations
"Motorway A5", "River Rhine"). But if the algorithm is smart enough
to analyze only those parts that lie within the download area, it
should work. The validator plugin can even display a popup before
uploading if somethin looks wrong.

Bye
Frederik