[josm-dev] JOSM && Changesets?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Dec 29 01:01:15 GMT 2009

Is JOSM's Changeset support not quite right?

I'm thinking that the way it should work instead is NOT close
Changesets ever.  Instead, it should keep (all) the changeset(s) open,
and if you make another edit which is within the bounding box of an
open changeset, it should default to adding it to that changeset.

With this change, you don't need to ever worry about closing your
changesets (they close automatically after about two hours), nor about
planning ahead to make more edits to a changeset.  I'm just concerned
that the current design promotes excessive changeset creation.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog