[josm-dev] The S shortcut stops working under LC_ALL=is_IS.UTF8

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:13:58 GMT 2009

I'm having an odd problem while translating JOSM to Icelandic. When I run:

    LC_ALL=is_IS.UTF8 java -jar dist/josm-custom.jar

The S shortcut (select/move node) doesn't work, instead "S" toggles
the selection list window which should be bound to Alt+Shift+T.
Although Alt+Shift+T also toggles the selection list window, but when
I run:

    LC_ALL=en_US.UTF8 java -jar dist/josm-custom.jar

The problem disappears.

I can reproduce this with a clean preference file, i.e.

    1. mv ~/.josm/preferences ~/.josm/pref.old
    2. start JOSM

I'm using a custom build of JOSM to get support for Icelandic, but
that's just built by:

    1. get the is.po file from launchpad
    2. build i18n
    3. copy josm-translation.jar to the josm dir's lib/
    4. ant clean dist in the josm dir

The resulting .jar can be accessed here: http://u.nix.is/josm-custom-is.jar