[josm-dev] Turn restriction display

Женя yourname at mail.ru
Sat Jan 3 14:54:34 GMT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>
To: josm-dev at openstreetmap.org
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:27:25 +0100
Subject: Re: [josm-dev] Multipolygon stuff finished

> While the mockup with the signs rotated to the drivers viewpoint is
> somewhat better to understand, even the (probably much simpler to
> implement) "all icons with the same rotation" display would already help
> a lot IMHO.

Yes, I also think there will be use of displaying the restriction sign - at least people
will notice that the restriction is present, and they'll be able to see, how it's done if they want.

> I guess one important reason why a lot of people not mapping turn
> restrictions is that most mappers are simply not aware of them at all or
> don't know an example how to do it (at least that was the case for
> myself in the past). Well, even after I've added some turn restrictions,
> I felt unsure if this was the right way of doing it - as I got no visual
> feedback.

Pretty the same situation with myself. But there's another problem: I don't
know, which routing software really supports relations right now... On one
crossing I've tried different restriction variants, and gosmore doesn't listen to them.

That's why I currently don't add restriction relations, because I can't check
if everything is right. Maybe if JOSM showed the signs, it would be easier to know,
that those restrictions are understood at least by the editor, and the efforts aren't useless :D

Женя mailto:yourname at mail.ru