[josm-dev] Right side panel improvements ...

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Jan 9 22:34:05 GMT 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> 4) remove the toggle icons for the panels from the toolbar?

Please not. I already added options for hiding. Exposing these options to
config should be enough. Nowadays with these wide screen displays I prefer
to have toolbars, so not all users really want these icons to vanish.

Anway making the side toolbar configurable like the top bar would be nice
as well :-)

> P.S: I've thought about implementing resizable panels, but this is a lot
> more complicated to implement and a PITA if you resize your window size.

When you save relative values that should work. I.e. not Selection is xxx
height, but selection is xxx%. These % must be relative to the size at
all, so when 5 views are open and you make one view 40% of the whole
window, then it's height must be 200% (i.e. 200%*20%=40%). Together with
some minimum requirements thus should give a good view.

> So I started with a minimize mechanism ...

Which looks fine BTW. At least at the first look I had.

> P.P.S: I'm unsure if i did i18n right, but doesn't look too bad ;-)

Your reworked strings certainly killed lots of translations. I will fix
these as soon as you slow down :-) Or maybe tomorrow.

Ciao