[josm-dev] Right side panel improvements ...

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:31:49 GMT 2009

Rolf Bode-Meyer schrieb:
> You've also added a pin icon to undock the panel. But I can't see a
> simple way to redock it.

Well ..... no. The undock feature was the only thing that already
existed years before - so really not my fault ;-)

Simply closing the window will redock. BTW: I had a look at some other
programs how they'll do it and the redock feature seems to be very
unintuitive implemented in most of them :-)

> Also if undocked, the respective toolbar icon just removes the content
> from the undocked window. While this might be technically correct,
> it's not what I expected (closing the whole window). I don't need the
> undock functionality at all, but when keeping it, please consider to
> change the handling.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get what you mean. On my system (WinXP), if
you undock a panel, the content will only be shown in the new window -
just what I expect.

> Also I generally miss a way to place a panel at a particular position
> within the right side.

You mean to change the vertical sequence of panels? If so, what would be
the benefit?

> In the context of undock/close, at the moment
> when undocking and then closing a panel-window and then reopening it,
> it's placed at the bottom.
>
> Also generally I'd really like to see a horizontally resizeable
> right-panels-column.

That might be doable, I'll have a look.

Regards, ULFL