[josm-dev] Right side panel improvements ...

Rolf Bode-Meyer robome at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 17:01:43 GMT 2009

2009/1/10 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
> The undock feature was the only thing that already existed years before - so really not my fault ;-)

Ouch, never noticed that. Sorry.

> On my system (WinXP), if you undock a panel, the content will only be shown in the
> new window - just what I expect.

Sure, but when then disable the respective panel, an empty window
remains. Thinking about it, this mightend be that bad.
But there nevertheless is a bug: Activate a panel, undock it,
deactivate it, close the window.
Result: The panel is activated in the right column, the respective
button on the left column is deactivated. Clicking on it doesn't do
anything. The panel doesn't go away until clicking the button again.
1. Always keep the button status in sync with the panel
2. I think closing the undocked window for a disabled panel shouldn't
open the panel in the right column.

>> Also I generally miss a way to place a panel at a particular position
>> within the right side.
>
> You mean to change the vertical sequence of panels? If so, what would be the
> benefit?

At least I like some panel on a different position in the sequence.

Thanks,
Rolf