[josm-dev] .jar file size is too big

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 17 09:29:17 BST 2009

Hi,

Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> Only 24% of JOSM users use english
> software version - The majority uses localized JOSM (50% use german).

Everybody loses if languages are packaged with the bundle - the German
user downloads about 3 MB of compressed translation classes when only
250 KB are relevant to him. Same for the English, Danish, Japanese,
Spanish, Czech, French, and all the others.

I'm not saying don't translate. I just say don't force *every* JOSM user
to download *every* language which is what we currently do.

Bye
Frederik