[josm-dev] .jar file size is too big

Sebastian Waschik sebastian.waschik at gmx.de
Fri Jul 17 16:29:44 BST 2009

Hello,

Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>
writes:
> I propose to split up the build process so that it builds a special
> version for each language. In addition, we can keep building the
> all-languages version for those in a true multilingual environment (or
> those on a fat pipe who would rather not be bothered). That would be the
> easiest way to tackle the problem. I'm not an ant guru but I think even
> I could do that.

You mean something like the attached patch?  This version would need
an <antcall> for each supported language (in the patch are "en" and
"de" added).

$ LANG=C du -h dist/*
2.7M    dist/josm-custom-de.jar
2.7M    dist/josm-custom-en.jar
5.4M    dist/josm-custom.jar

Greetings
Sebastian Waschik

PS: I do not know why property="translationselect" instead of direct
usage of property="translation" is needed in <include> but that does
not matter.