[josm-dev] New GPX implementation

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi
Thu May 7 09:28:12 BST 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 09:37:55AM +0200, Adrian Stabiszewski wrote:
> Just for the reference: my TCX-support plugin was based on JAXB from the
> start and includes the necessary JABX libs for java 1.5.
> So far nobody complained about the large download size or anything... but I
> guess I'm the only one who uses it ;)

No, I'm also using it occasionally.  Shortly after I started using it,
I committed a patch that converts the first point of each lap into a marker.
In that way, I can quickly mark things by pressing the Lap button without
stopping my bicycle.

One thing that would be nice is to accept *.tcx files on the command line.
Because of this handicap, I often convert *.tcx to *.gpx with gpsbabel
(for which I submitted a similar patch) and start josm *.gpx to open
multiple traces at once.

	Marko