[josm-dev] R: R: R: R: FW: [OSM-newbies] JOSM problems - is it just me?

Fabrizio Carrai fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:05:29 BST 2009

It looks like I found the solution!!!
It seems to "happen with machines with low video ram". I've an NVidia
Geoforce 6150 (shared memory 512MB): no idea if it falls in such category,
but now it works!

As in [1] the solution is to start JOSM including the Java option
"sun.java2d.d3d=false":

C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe  -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false  -Xmx800M -jar
C:\Programmi\Josm\josm-latest.jar

I'm now working since several hours with JOSM doing several changes and
uploads: no crashes till now! Before it was happening after very short
editing sessions.

Continuing testing!

Ciao!
	Fabrizio