[josm-dev] WMS plugin 'overlap' patch

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri May 15 21:34:07 BST 2009

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Radomír Černoch wrote:

> in the Czech republic we have a problem with one WMS server, which
> tends to wipe the WMS tiles near its borders.
>
> To solve this I've created a patch allowing WMS plugin in JOSM to
> download tiles, whose sides do not align perfectly. Instead WMS can
> add a certain percentage of overlap between neighbouring tiles so that
> the missing information in one tile is 'overlayed' by the neigbouring
> one (if server supports alpha channel). This feature can be disabled
> (which is the default) and the amount of overlap can be set in
> preferences.
>
> The patch is included in the attachment as I do not have access to the
> SVN. Could I ask for including it into upstream?

Please make a Trac ticket in JOSM-Trac for it. I'm currently a bit behind
in checking bugs and patches and stuff in mailinglists tends to beeing
forgotten.

> PS: Can I also ask for access to JOSM SVN? What should I do for it? I
> have developed another plugin, which could be included.

This is not JOSM SVN, but normal OSM SVN. You need to ask Tim to get an
account. Say that you want to handle JOSM plugins. Otherwise attaching
patches to the JOSM Trac also works.

To get JOSM SVN access is a bit more complicated. You must make yourself
so valuable, that I (or Frederik) decide to give you SVN access. :-)