[josm-dev] Editing of single nodes

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:10:04 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Dirk Stöcker
<openstreetmap at dstoecker.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Andre Hinrichs wrote:
>> I think that especially with an increasing number of users this might be
>> a good thing for both the developers and the users.
>
> Well, to make a bit more clear what I wrote above. I think the newbies list
> and the language specific talk lists already cover that. Ævar Arnfjörð
> Bjarmason seems to be active answering seldom JOSM questions in newbies
> list. In talk-de lots of people answer. Most of the newbies questions aren't
> software-specific, but most often they are OSM specific. When we divide that
> we get "OSM specific with josm point of view" and "general osm specific"
> which is not really helpful.

Agreed, the JOSM community isn't so large that it has overgrown the
general OSM mailing lists, the general lists also have the advantage
that when someone asks an editing question they'll frequently get
answers detailing how to do things in multiple editors. JOSM isn't
/always/ the right tool for the job :)