[josm-dev] AGPIFOJ and JOSM core

Shaun McDonald osm at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Nov 29 18:05:25 GMT 2009

On 29 Nov 2009, at 13:11, Dirk Stöcker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> a question for next release cycle:
>
> We have a image tagging feature in core and the agpifoj plugin which seems
> to be standard for this purpose nowadays. As I don't use this feature I'm
> probably not the right person to decide, but should we consider to drop
> agpifoj and copy the code into core replacing the internal code for this?

+1 Have been thinking about this for a long time, but never got around to digging my head into the code to do it. From there I'm sure there will be more improvements to the photo stuff happening a bit faster than it has in the past. It will also mean that people won't be recommending to install a plugin to do photo mapping, even so there is already support built in.

Shaun