[josm-dev] JOSM-Tested

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Jun 16 15:55:50 BST 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Matthias Julius wrote:

> Claudius <claudius.h at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Talking from a translator's (contributing to other projects as well
>> besides JOSM) perspective: I don't see the need for a string freeze and
>> am totally okay with way l10n is currently handled in a "live" manner.
>
> I just would like to avoid that translations are invalidated by a
> string change just before a release.

Well I talk to Launchpad for more than a year, that they should
reintegrate a fuzzy handling, so that translators don't need to
retranslate for minor changes (but only need to check and click). When
others also report this continiously, then maybe it gets higher priority.

> There could also be one in each dialog when a translation into the
> current locale was not found.

No. That is not a good idea.