[josm-dev] how does the transition to tested work ?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:32:39 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 15:04, Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com> wrote:
> #4366 (validator: repair: overlapping ways distroys data)
>   Plugin issue, can be fixed after release.
>
> #4584 (cursor not show in textfields of relations-editor)
>   Cannot reproduce. We don't have enough info to fix this.

I think this is the same issue as I've just described in this bug
report: https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/4686

I've made the old one a duplicate of this new report.

> #4631 (Plugin download broken)
>   [3090] should have addressed most points of this ticket.
>
> #4401 (JOSM does not remember what has been uploaded)
>   It's more like an enhancement. Too complicated, will be fixed after
> release.

I've used JOSM a lot recently to upload objects in the "one object at
a time" mode, if it fails with a conflict it will start the whole
thing over again (even if it doesn't need to).

I'm not 100% sure but I think that #4401 has been causing a lot of
duplicate data created by JOSM that I've had to clean up. Uploading
duplicates is definitely a bug.

> #4371 (Changeset comment reverts to previous when switching options)
>   The blocker flag wasn't set by a developer. Should be fixed, but isn't
> all that serious.

FWIW I have at least 10 large changesets uploaded to the main API that
have inaccurate changeset summaries because of this and related bugs.

> So, I'd say it was OK to release, but tested version should be updated
> before next development cycle.
>
>> I think tested should be a version without any blocker/critical bug
>> reported on and being tested as unstable/latest for a week.
>
> This is how we try to do it, but some critical bus are not easy to fix,
> so we postpone these issues and move on.

Aren't all these bugs already in the latest tested? A new tested with
the same bugs (+ unrelated fixes) wouldn't be any worse would it?