[josm-dev] Josm "Preparing data set..." message

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 27 12:29:32 GMT 2010

I was wondering, when you have an incomplete relation in JOSM and you download
the missing parts, the download dialog box at some point switches to "Preparing
data set...".
What is JOSM doing then? Is it downloading more data or is it doing something
like organizing the data it downloaded?
I'm asking because I would have though it's the latter, but JOSM is not using
any CPU power to do that, and I'm a little puzzled by that. Apparently it's not
something CPU-bound, but I can't think what the limiting factor is then.

Regards,
Maarten