[josm-dev] few questions about plugin development

Jiri Klement jiri.klement at gmail.com
Thu May 6 20:34:53 BST 2010

Hi,

> How can I debug my plugin? I tried to append to a JOSM process but this
> doesn't seem to work :(

If you're using Eclipse then you can debug your plugin project as
usuall, only use JOSM.java as a main class. JOSM will try to load your
plugin from jar file, but all plugin classes will be already on
classpath so classes from jar will be ignored. Debugging works just
like with standalone app, it's even possible to do hot code replace.

Have a look at routes plugin and josm-routes.launch file. When routes
plugin in installed and josm is started via josm-routes.launch file,
then debugging of routes plugin is possible.

--
Jiri