[josm-dev] sac_scale in JOSM - RFC for change of translation

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Nov 27 14:51:59 GMT 2010

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Fichtennadel wrote:

>>  If your descriptions are so misleading, then find others. OSM is no "read
>> the wiki and when you understood it start" project. It is a "start and work"
>> project. When your classification is misleading, so users use it wrong in
>> your eyes, then classifications needs to be reworked.
>
> These classifications follow an international, established standard which is
> already in place outside of OSM. It makes no sense changing these itself.

Well and probably that's your problem. You expect people to use your
hiking expert classification, but most mappers are no hiking experts and
simply use their brain. And they also don't want to be hiking experts I
assume.

So when you want to prevent people to classify wrong, then you need to
make the classification self-understandable for non-experts instead of
forcing users to get experts (as this will not work).

Regarding the help - No, you can only have Wiki links for a dialog, not
for parts of it. If you present a solution how such a link can be solved
in display, then we can add support for it thought.