[josm-dev] New Tested

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 10:53:27 BST 2010

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:

>>> A little but nasty bug.
>>> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/5397
>> This one has been closed as irreproducible. It can't be that bad.
>

> Actually I find JOSM a little bit buggy recently (I think it was
> introduced with autosave): on startup it always tells me that it wants
> to recover a autobackup because it thinks that JOSM crashed last time,
> which is not the case. I do "discard" but next time it asks me again,
> even if I did nothing except of restarting. When I do "restore"
> instead nothing happens either.

This is news to me, would be best to have a trac ticket for it, but
anyway: As a quick diagnosis you could observe the content of the
autosave folder in the josm preferences directory (%APPDATA%\JOSM or
~/.josm).

Does it delete any file when you click discard?

Is it the same if you not load anything and just repeatedly start and
close JOSM (each time discarding autosave)?

What is your OS?

> The other issue is while closing: I always get the warning that I
> forgot to upload, even though I already uploaded. And indeed on upload
> attempt it says: "nothing to upload".

It also warns if the file is not saved. Are you sure the warning is
about upload?

Sebastian