[josm-dev] New Tested

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:19:57 BST 2010

2010/9/8 Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com>:

> This is news to me, would be best to have a trac ticket for it, but anyway:

I thought to remember there was one for this.

> As a quick diagnosis you could observe the content of the autosave folder in
> the josm preferences directory (%APPDATA%\JOSM or ~/.josm).

I deleted the content of autosave. Now the problem seems solved. There
is a subfolder "deleted layers" of which the content doesn't get
deleted even if I never uploaded (I made a new layer, drew something,
closed JOSM without upload or save, now there is this deleted layers
content (Data Layer 1_20100908_1214.osm)

> Does it delete any file when you click discard?

no, it didn't. Now the problem seems solved, as it doesn't ask me
anymore (because I deleted the autosave content).

> Is it the same if you not load anything and just repeatedly start and close
> JOSM (each time discarding autosave)?

It was like this before, yes.

> What is your OS?
ubuntu 10.04

>> The other issue is while closing: I always get the warning that I
>> forgot to upload, even though I already uploaded. And indeed on upload
>> attempt it says: "nothing to upload".
>
> It also warns if the file is not saved. Are you sure the warning is about
> upload?

yes, I'm aware of that. It was about upload (just upload, not save,
which is right, as I didn't save a layer).

cheers,
Martin