[josm-dev] Changed presets, "contact"

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sat Dec 17 20:48:52 GMT 2011

On 12/17/2011 9:49 AM, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
 > I see not that we need a big modification here. Maybe an update of the
 > wording could be done, so that people do not automatically assume "new"
 > is "better".

  That is a good idea.   And since people don't realize that the new
version effectively puts their work into hiding until *possibly* later
data consumers decide to use the new tags, the "new version" should
create both new and old style tags.

On 12/17/2011 3:30 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Everybody just wants the one, central, official group of presets and
> that's it.

   Mostly because it's impractical to run your own instance of Tagwatch
and run a full geospatial and regional analysis of similar tags every
time something new comes up.   It's much easier to choose from the
presets which have a good chance of someone actually using your work.