[josm-dev] Stabilization ends

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:00:18 GMT 2011

2011/12/21 Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de>

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, colliar wrote:
>
>  Hmm, I have seen them as well. I don't think they are that important. In
>>> any
>>> case we can do a bug-fix-branch if really necessary even if we didn't do
>>> it
>>> before :-)
>>>
>>> It is nice thought that my private policy "there should be no
>>> exceptions" is
>>> also true for you.
>>>

>> And how do you deal with blockers ?
>>

> By fixing them. But not everything one user marks as a blocker really is
> one. I updated the remaining blocker tickets to correct status.
>
> Blocker means that a ticket is so important that it affects a majority of
> the users. If one user can't use the software it is a blocker for him, but
> not for us :-)

Exactly, but my own perspective is the only one I can fill out those fields
from.

I'm not filing a bug report each time JOSM asks me to and I certainly don't
tag them blocker very often. This time, JOSM didn't work for me anymore
though. After creating the ticket I got the idea to throw out the whole
config directory and starting over. This solved everything, so AFAIC the
ticket can safely be closed.

Cheers,

Jo