[josm-dev] Stabilization ends

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Dec 21 19:24:30 GMT 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Jo wrote:

> Exactly, but my own perspective is the only one I can fill out those fields
> from.

:-)

> I'm not filing a bug report each time JOSM asks me to and I certainly don't

Exceptions usually should be reported all at least once. Otherwise bugs
may be unnoticed.

> tag them blocker very often. This time, JOSM didn't work for me anymore
> though. After creating the ticket I got the idea to throw out the whole
> config directory and starting over. This solved everything, so AFAIC the
> ticket can safely be closed.

In theory it would be best to investigate each of such issues, find the
real cause and fix it. Practically this is not possible, so some of these
bugs exist a very long time.

Having more bug finders and developers fixing bugs would help. Usually
each developer fixes all bugs he encounters completely instead of doing
such workarounds like deleting troublesome config (at least I do so).