[josm-dev] Stabilization ends

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:31:22 GMT 2011

2011/12/21 Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de>

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Jo wrote:
>
>  Exactly, but my own perspective is the only one I can fill out those
>> fields
>> from.
>>

> :-)
>

>  I'm not filing a bug report each time JOSM asks me to and I certainly
>> don't
>>

> Exceptions usually should be reported all at least once. Otherwise bugs
> may be unnoticed.
>

>  tag them blocker very often. This time, JOSM didn't work for me anymore
>> though. After creating the ticket I got the idea to throw out the whole
>> config directory and starting over. This solved everything, so AFAIC the
>> ticket can safely be closed.
>>

> In theory it would be best to investigate each of such issues, find the
> real cause and fix it. Practically this is not possible, so some of these
> bugs exist a very long time.
>
> Having more bug finders and developers fixing bugs would help. Usually
> each developer fixes all bugs he encounters completely instead of doing
> such workarounds like deleting troublesome config (at least I do so).

I can attach my config as a file to the ticket if you like, but in
retrospect, I think the problem was caused by running two instances at the
same time and changing shortcut keys settings in both. I don't think many
other people will be silly enough to start doing that too. (I was editing
large datasets which take a lot of time to up/download and making tutorial
videos as a preparation for a talk about advanced uses of JOSM)

Jo