[josm-dev] Merge bing:bing TMS scheme into standard templated TMS?

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Feb 14 09:57:37 GMT 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>   currently we use the magic "bing:bing" TMS scheme for loading Bing aerial
> imagery. I was wondering if we could somehow enable support for ant's image
> coverage tool (http://ant.dev.openstreetmap.org/bingimageanalyzer/), by
> simply letting the user, if they so desire, add that as an extra layer. Since
> those tile URLs contain a Bing quadtile identifier, that would require making
> available something like {quadtile} in the standard templated TMS, or
> alternatively support configurable URLs in the bing: URL scheme.
>
> Any plans about this? If you're not already playing with the idea then I
> might have a go.

Actually the special bing handling should be generic instead. Currently I
think we violate OpenStreetMap license. We would need to display the
correct Attribution there as well. So this information should be moved
into the tile specification instead of beeing hardcoded. For WMS we have
such an EULA support link already. That could be joined also.