[josm-dev] Lean JOSM II

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 11 17:21:53 BST 2011

Hi,

Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> it seems Frederik dropped Lean-JOSM after we did improve the translation
> situation, as the size gain was not as big anymore.

And required too much manual intervention.

> Nevertheless JOSM is
> growing and growing, so the general idea is still useful.

Dirk finds my idea useful! \o/!

> I would like to know if this reliable before I announce it on the webpage.

Works for me. When you say "only language X", you mean "only language X
and English" of course?

> The downloader can only remove files from the jar file. So when somebody
> has other space-saving ideas realizable by simple file stripping, please
> tell me and I may implement it.

When I did this I think I dropped support for bz2 compression which got
rid of a rat's nest of dependencies. But then again we probably don't
want to bother users with 1 million combinations (that probably ruin
cacheability too).

Bye
Frederik