[josm-dev] Lean JOSM II

Claudius claudius.h at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 13:40:49 BST 2011

Am 11.07.2011 11:35, Dirk Stöcker:
> Hello,
>
> it seems Frederik dropped Lean-JOSM after we did improve the translation
> situation, as the size gain was not as big anymore. Nevertheless JOSM is
> growing and growing, so the general idea is still useful.
>
> I implemented a "Lean JOSM II" on the JOSM server.
>
> The links
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-tested.jar
> and
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-latest.jar
> now support parameters.
>
> The only parameter currently is "lang=". When e.g. called like
> "http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-latest.jar?lang=de",
> you get a approx. 1.1 MB smaller file only containing german language.

I was hoping that this might offer a seperate way to get localized JOSM
for languages not having reached the 2000 translated strings limit yet
but no avail :(

Apart from that I exported
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-latest.jar?lang=fa and could use it in
a typical editing session of mine without issues.

Nicely done,
Claudius