[josm-dev] How to run applet?

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Mar 4 22:15:13 GMT 2011

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>>  With http:// it works. For https:// we probably need a better SSL
>>  certificate for the server which is strange, as firefox itself accepts the
>>  certificates.
>
> Ah. I had to log in on the JOSM server, which took me to https; then call the
> applet with http, and it worked. Unfortunately after a bit of successful

Ok. Until a successful SSL certificate fixes this I now redirect the
https: to http: for the applet call.

You did not need to login to Trac BTW. You can do this in applet as well
or skip it totally (Currently some Java version ask you multiple time for
user name if you skip - I have no idea why - probably an interaction
between browser and Java).

> playing I now pressed F11, which made my whole screen gray and no way back
> except killing the browser from another window.

Nice. I think this would have been something for a Trac ticket. We now
have a applet component ;-)

I disabled the fullscreen component for the applet, which should fix the
issue.

P.S. It was not necessary to kill the browser (at least for my firefox).
Selecting firefox from menu and closing tab was enough.