[josm-dev] translating in Launchpad

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:11:46 GMT 2011

Hi Mathias and Dirk,

Thank you for your replies. I've been reading up on gettext and I understand
a bit better now. I've also been browsing the source code and I see where
those comments come from now. Sometimes they don't really help translators
and they are a bit confusing, I'm afraid, so maybe for those comments it
would be better not to have them one line ahead of the translatable string.

I don't know how to create a patch. Would it be OK if I add the complete
source text for the module that I would like to 'improve' to trac? Module is
probably not java terminology, I'm more of a Python programmer.

Jo