[josm-dev] WikiStart

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:25:01 BST 2012

The new design for the main page is good, I would simplify the list of
download options even more:

 * OS independent
 * Windows installer
 * Mac OS Package
(and maybe the webstart option, but I'm not sure it needs to be
recommended that much)
-> other [[Download]] options
 <<<<

Then move all other options to the separate Download page. There is no
need to link to the latest development version from the main page. On
the separate page, there is more room for explanation.

Here is HTML/table layout I did earlier, but never finished, maybe you
find it useful:

{{{
#!table style="border:none;"
 {{{#!tr ====================================
  {{{#!td align=left  valign=top style="background:#eee; font-size:
120%; padding: 0px 15px 15px 13px; border: 2px ridge #aaa"
[[Image(source:trunk/images/download.png, valign=middle, link=)]]
Download [/josm-tested.jar josm-tested.jar] (version
[[Version(tested)]])[[br]]
{{{#!span style="font-size: 83%"
recommended version, all platforms ([wiki:InstallNotes#Running how to run])
}}}
  }}}
 }}}
 {{{#!tr ====================================
  {{{#!td style="border: none;height:10px"
  }}}
 }}}
 {{{#!tr ====================================
  {{{#!td align=left  valign=top style="background:#eee; font-size:
120%; padding: 0px 15px 0px 13px; border: 2px ridge #aaa"
[/download/windows/josm-setup.exe Windows installer] (version
[[Version(tested)]])
  }}}
 }}}
 {{{#!tr ====================================
  {{{#!td style="border: none;height:10px"
  }}}
 }}}
  {{{#!td align=left  valign=top style="background:#eee; font-size:
120%; padding: 0px 15px 0px 13px; border: 2px ridge #aaa"
[/download/macosx/josm-macosx.zip Mac OS X package] (version
[[Version(tested)]])
  }}}
 }}}
}}}