[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 30 15:54:54 BST 2012

Pieren wrote:
 > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
 >
 >> In principle, it is not a good idea to change long established customs.
 >
 > This has been decided a looong time ago due to a russian forum complain:
 > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/josm-dev/2012-February/006033.html
 >
 > Our opinion and long established customs does not count very much on
 > josm dev. Btw, you should update your JOSM more frequently. Then you
 > don't have time to acquire habits.

Yes, well. Unfortunately, I'm getting to that age that developing habits is the
way to use everything. Learning new tricks every day gets tiring.

To continue my rant: N used to be the method to place one node only. That seems
to have disappeared too. It looks like I now have to start drawing a way with A
and then press escape to end drawing the way so I can change its properties.
Also not an improvement. I'm interested to know what the reasoning behind that was.

Regards,
Maarten