[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 16:02:56 BST 2012

On 30/04/12 16:54, Maarten Deen wrote:
> Pieren wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> In principle, it is not a good idea to change long established customs.
>>
>> This has been decided a looong time ago due to a russian forum complain:
>>
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/josm-dev/2012-February/006033.html
>>
>> Our opinion and long established customs does not count very much on
>> josm dev. Btw, you should update your JOSM more frequently. Then you
>> don't have time to acquire habits.

The whole short cut system changed and improved. In this process some
short cuts changed, but should not change in the near future.

There is also development of saving/importing preferences. If finished
it should be no longer a problem importing/loading your custom settings.

> Yes, well. Unfortunately, I'm getting to that age that developing habits
> is the way to use everything. Learning new tricks every day gets tiring.
>
> To continue my rant: N used to be the method to place one node only.
> That seems to have disappeared too. It looks like I now have to start
> drawing a way with A and then press escape to end drawing the way so I
> can change its properties.
> Also not an improvement. I'm interested to know what the reasoning
> behind that was.

This is a bug which as far as I know is fixed in latest.

cu
Colliar