[josm-dev] Please do not change long established shortcuts

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:45:38 BST 2012

2012/4/30 colliar <colliar4ever at aol.com>:
> On 30/04/12 16:54, Maarten Deen wrote:
>> Pieren wrote:
>>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> The whole short cut system changed and improved. In this process some
> short cuts changed, but should not change in the near future.

this is true and very much appreciated. After a short time you get
used to the new keys, but of course they shouldn't change often (which
is also not planned I think). There's just one big annoyance
introduced: the key for delete mode. This now is impossible to select
with just one hand, so you have to get the other hand off the mouse
which really disturbs workflow.

Maybe I am a particulare case, because my system seems to have a bug:
often the WLAN drops when I hit the delete key (at least in JOSM). My
current workaround is to click the delete-mode button with the mouse,
which is still not optimal.

Cheers,
Martin