[josm-dev] How external plugins are added to plugin list

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Feb 27 16:49:37 GMT 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Josh Doe wrote:

> I can't seem to find how the plugin list [0] is generated,
> specifically how "external plugins" are added to this list. Presumably
> there is some script which generates that file, which I can't find.
> I'd like to move my work-in-progress conflation plugin out of SVN and
> onto Github, but don't understand how I would add it to the plugin
> list. Currently I see four such external plugins.
> -Josh
>
> [0]: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/plugin

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Plugins

You should be aware of the drawbacks:
a) Plugin is marked as "bad external" in JOSM
b) It is not translated
c) Core changes aren't incorporated into it when they appear
d) Shortcuts won't be listed in overview and thus also very likely be used
    by others very fast.
e) There is no automatic history handling for older JOSM versions.