[josm-dev] JOSM Plugin no_more_mapping

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 20:53:14 BST 2012

On 10/20/2012 03:35 PM, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> Hi. Paul got it right, I've made this plugin just because there has to
> be an option. It even counted days without mapping. My record is a week.
>
> As for installing without reading, I've made all the precautions
> possible. There was a big warning in plugin list, standing-out red icon
> and extensive instructions on how to disable it after it's been
> installed. I'd put more warnings if there was a way.

If all these warnings are necessary, this is a good indication, the
plugin isn't suitable for the main repository. I'm afraid, many users
won't get the humorous part and will just be irritated.

> I guess the user that was offended didn't even try to install it. And
> based on his words it got removed along with the source code.

The source code is still available in the svn history:
<https://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/subversion/applications/editors/josm/plugins/no_more_mapping?rev=28821>

> Oh well.
> Have fun knowing that any of your plugins could be deleted because
> someone didn't like the description.

I don't see that happening to the other plugins you wrote - they are
actually useful. ;)

Paul