[josm-dev] Exporting .OSM from JOSM without changeset information

Jon Britton jonbritton3 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:46:18 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to create a test dataset from scratch using JOSM which I
ultimately need to run through osmosis. However, the output of the
JOSM export is a change set, not a proper OSM file. This means that
the file is very large as it contains deletions and modifications etc.

At the moment, I've having to import this data into Merkaartor and
then outputting it again as Merkaartor produces a better output. This
is a bit of a pain, though.

Is there currently a way of exporting a .OSM file from JOSM without
this change set information (i.e. just a list of nodes, ways,
relations...)?

Also, I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask this question!

Thanks,

Jon