[josm-dev] new server

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Mar 24 14:31:54 UTC 2013

Hello,

a little status update for the new server:

1) There is one unfixed issue, report 13 for ticket view does not work,
    see also ticket 8532 (https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8532).

    Any SQL expert who can fix this? I currently have no idea how to fix
    that SQl statement?

2) The server seems to run stable now. All services work as expected.

A bit more about stability - last weekend the old server was pretty much
dead. This was independend from the server move, but caused by something
else (I believe it was maybe massive spamming of some critical pages).
Until Tuesday also the new server had similar issues. I improved some
parts of our JOSM extensions to Trac as well as the spamfilter to reduce
troubles. But mainly the issue is gone as the spam attempts were nearly
stopped.

We're doing our best, but we will never be able to afford what is
necessary to prevent such issues completely.