[josm-dev] Parallelizable operations

Karl Wettin karl.wettin at kodapan.se
Tue Mar 26 17:19:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was thinking I should be possible to speed up some operations such as merging layers and validation by executing them in parallel to avoid micro stress. Who has time to wait for ten seconds when it could take two? :-D

As I just fetched the code from the repo for the first time and haven't even looked at it yet, I thought perhaps it's a good thing to point out my plan here before I get started in case someone already considered it or if there is some caveat I should be aware of that might make it problematic for me to implement this in a clean way.

Thanks for a great piece of software!

			karl