[josm-dev] DevelopersGuide

Nzara nzaraosm at gmail.com
Sat May 4 10:15:46 UTC 2013

Hi

a few days ago I started plugin development. After my first steps, I
like to propose some enhancements to
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/DevelopingPlugins .
There were just some details I did not get at the first glance.

---
1) Have a requirements section:

Requirements
* JDK 1.6 (higer versions may do also)
* ant - for the build process
* svn command line - for the build process
* (optional) an IDE of your choice, e.g. eclipse

2) For plugin development use stable revision of the JOSM core
(otherwise yo might get confused or distracted by an unstable core)

  svn up -r XXXX josm/core

3) Testing

. linux
  Copy the JAR file to the .josm directory :

cp dist/PicLayer.jar ~/.josm/plugins/

. windows
  Copy the JAR file to %APPDATA%\JOSM\plugins - windows expands
%APPDATA% to the directory used for your windows version.

4) Debugging

. eclipse: Create a project for the JOSM-core as well. Using that to
start JOSM may provide an excellent debugging environment for your plugin.

. other ....

----

Cheers
Nzara