[josm-dev] New JOSM Maps database feature

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Apr 18 19:50:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

If you go to https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Maps and its subpages, you
may notice these "{view}" entries behind the names. These lead to a new
page using OpenLayers3 to show the content of an entry including icons,
attribution, bounding boxes and surrounding shapes.

In my eyes that's a good instrument to verify the data entries and fix
outdated or wrong information. Feel free to update entries when you find
defective ones (i.e. like unclosed polygons).

Some notes:
- Type wms is not yet supported. I need to write JavaScript code which is
   able to use JOSM URL and Tiled-WMS method with OpenLayers.
- No coordinates or zoom level displayed ATM, have to find out how to do
   this properly with OL3.
- min-zoom is not supported by OpenLayers3. The initial zoom level is set
   to the min-zoom, but Openlayers allows you nevertheless to zoom out.
- Preview mode not yet supported.

Help to fix the first two of above issues welcome. If someone makes an
example in JavaScript, I'll implement it in the server code.

Suggestions:

a) Together with that I'd like to add a tested="2014-05-04" tag to <entry>
to state when such an entry has last been checked to exist.

b) And in https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9914 we have the proposal
to add a new <id> tag inside <entry> with an ID compatible to iD for
automatic update possibility in JOSM.

Comments welcome.

Ciao