[josm-dev] New JOSM Maps database feature

Simon Legner simon.legner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:06:43 UTC 2014

Hi Dirk!

This feature is really nice and seems helpful to inspect some imagery
without the need of an editor.

> - Type wms is not yet supported. I need to write JavaScript code which is
>    able to use JOSM URL and Tiled-WMS method with OpenLayers.

> Help to fix the first two of above issues welcome. If someone makes an
> example in JavaScript, I'll implement it in the server code.

See https://gist.github.com/11109048 for a working example (tested in
Chrome, Opera) based on the Geoimage.at WMS.

This works as follows: The WMS URL is parsed, everything between the
protocol and pathname part is used as the corresponding OL-URL.
Additional parameters are parsed and a preselected list (namely LAYERS,
KEY (for Geoimage.at key), MAP (for mapserver WMS), STYLES, TRANSPARENT,
VERSION) is given to the OL parameters object.

Dirk, I hope this is helpful for your server side implementation.

Cheers,
Simon