[josm-dev] JOSM wants to add a certificate?

Vincent Privat vincent at josm.openstreetmap.de
Tue Jul 8 08:26:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
As said this is a required mechanism to let you use Remote Control in https
(for example from "Edit" button on main OSM website, when browsed in HTTPS).
See https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/10033 for explanations and
progress update (currently this stuff is only implemented on Windows).
The warning you are referring to is displayed by Windows and we have no
control on it.
The certificate has been generated thereby:
keytool -genkeypair -storepass josm_ssl -keypass josm_ssl -alias
josm_localhost -dname "CN=localhost, OU=JOSM, O=OpenStreetMap" -ext
san=ip:127.0.0.1 -keyalg RSA -validity 1825
As you can see it contains proper denomination. We cannot do better for the
certificate itself.
The best we can do is display another warning before the installation,
that's planned in https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/10230
Cheers,
Vincent