[josm-dev] JOSM wants to add a certificate?

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 8 10:49:49 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-08 10:26, Vincent Privat wrote:
> Hi,
> As said this is a required mechanism to let you use Remote Control in
> https (for example from "Edit" button on main OSM website, when
> browsed in HTTPS).
> See https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/10033 [1] for explanations
> and progress update (currently this stuff is only implemented on
> Windows).
> The warning you are referring to is displayed by Windows and we have
> no control on it.
> The certificate has been generated thereby:
> keytool -genkeypair -storepass josm_ssl -keypass josm_ssl -alias
> josm_localhost -dname "CN=localhost, OU=JOSM, O=OpenStreetMap" -ext
> san=ip:127.0.0.1 -keyalg RSA -validity 1825

I understand all that, but I can still not validate the certificate with
that. I am asked to trust certificate xyz, but it is not documented
anywhere who generated that certificate and what the key should be.
The keytool command (when run on Ubuntu) gives an error "Illegal option:
  -ext".

Regards,
Maarten