[josm-dev] Using Java

Bob Hawkins bobhawkins at waitrose.com
Wed Jun 11 15:40:18 UTC 2014

I have been cautioned twice in security forums about the use of Java on my Windows 8 PC (it seems it might be responsible for the daily creation of a particular and large temporary file).  The latest reply advises me to either remove it completely or have it in a separate browser for use only with those applications that require it.  The version on my PC is Java 7 update 55.  I was informed the latest versions are Java 7 update 60 or Java 8 update 5 (Can I use Java 8?).  I wonder what other users of JOSM have to say on the matter.

---