[josm-dev] Using Java

Vincent Privat vincent at josm.openstreetmap.de
Wed Jun 11 15:52:16 UTC 2014

If you want to use JOSM you need Java to be installed on your PC. That's
what the J is standing for :) JOSM always works fine with latest version of
Java so you can use either Java 7u60 or 8u5. If you don't know how to
choose between these two versions you may rely on the one proposed for
download on java.com as it will always be the more secure and mature
version available. So as of today we recommend you to use 7u60.
Cheers,
Vincent