[josm-dev] Relative links in preferences.xml

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun May 4 21:46:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, 5 May 2014, Alex Rollin wrote:

> I tried editing the jar but my rezipped and renamed jar throws a corrupted
> file error :(

Exact reason depends on the exact error. In case of a security exception
one reason may be that the signed manifest is no longer valid. Or you
broke the contents when recreating the file.

> Thank you very much for the change in  7058.  How can I download this and
> test it?

Latest is released each morning. Wait till that happens.

> Also, your idea about the start page is great, but when I looked through
> advanced settings I couldn't find any reference to startup; give us a hint?

Hmm, it's not as easy as I thought. You can change "help.baseurl" or
"josm.url" and create sub-pages and directories inside your new target
matching the server layout (i.e. /wiki/StartupPage). That way you could
also keep the help-feature for offline mode (when you copy the help pages
from JOSM server). Never tested that, so expect trouble.