[josm-dev] Gunter's Chain as a measurement unit

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Thu Aug 6 15:23:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015, Ray Sanders wrote:

> It was my impression (subject to correction) that the measurements were
> being stored internally in meters (if stored at all). My need is to see
> the measurement in something other than 4 currently displayed, at the
> time the nodes/ways are being created.
>
> Could this be achieved in a plugin ? I'm not clear on what capabilities
> plugins are able to achieve.

Yes. All systems in JOSM are only display systems.

What I tried to say is, that we don't want lots of old systems in the
core. Adding them by plugin is fine as well as a designed configuration
possibility, which allows to setup users any older (or new ones) systems.

When users want to have dozens old systems in JOSM because they work with
old maps that's fine. Only it should not be default for all users.

Ciao