[josm-dev] Plugin installation without restart

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 12 19:43:26 UTC 2015

On 12/02/2015 18:59, Paul Hartmann wrote:
> There is a guide [1] on how to get your plugin ready to support this new
> feature. The good news is that there is usually nothing or very little
> to change, but it still needs to be tested.

OK, I followed the instructions & built a renamed test version &
installed it on the latest JOSM, No restart prompt appeared, & using the
plugin, it seemed to be working OK.

The question is, what are the key things to test? Is there a particular
operation that would be expected to fail if the plugin were not compatible?