[josm-dev] Mapillary plugin for JOSM

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 00:24:39 UTC 2015

On 16.02.2015 00:17, Jo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm proposing the development of a Mapillary plugin as a GSoC project.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Mapillary_plugin_for_JOSM
>
> The question I get now from Ian Dees, is whether there is somebody from the
> JOSM developer team who'd be able to co-mentor. Or replace me as mentor. I
> might not be the most suited person for the job. I have a pretty clear idea
> of where I'd like it to go, but it has become apparent I'm not capable of
> actually coding it. I'm getting stuck over and over again. Even creating
> the initial environment on svn proved to be a challenge... It's there now,
> but when I try to add some code, I'm getting 30+ errors and warnings I
> can't solve.

Do you need a mentor? :)
No, seriously, this is really a great idea for a GSoC project and I
would be available as a co-mentor. The project description is nice,
great work!

What I would suggest is to make the first paragraph less technical and
start with the features that are expected and what the workflow could be
from the user perspective. Also we should mention the existing Mapillary
integration in iD.

Paul